Want to get a first-hand look at what TLF is up to in Pluma Hidalgo? Take a tour on an organic Pluma coffee farm and learn about the disability inclusion and specialty coffee practices our families use.
We want to share our passion for inclusion, equality and speciality coffee with you!
What do I do on the coffee tour?
The organic Pluma coffee farm (Finca Don Juan) is a 20-minute drive outside of Pluma Hidalgo. Ryan Sanders (TLF Field Director) will drive you there and guide you along a stunning hour-long bush walk with Don Juan, the farm owner.
We will then take you back to TLF’s new ranchito, show you how to plant a coffee seedling and treat you to a traditional Oaxacan lunch.
Don’t have a lot of time in Pluma Hidalgo? We also have a short tour option available for those with limited time. You can stop by our farm and learn about disability inclusion over a delicious cup of fresh Pluma coffee. We will then teach you how to plant a coffee seedling of your very own. Our tours are child friendly and open to people of all abilities.
OPTION 1 – SEED TO CUP – HANDS ON EXPERIENCE
$600 pesos per adult / $300 pesos per child
Approx: 10am – 2pm
- Personal tour of a local organic boutique farm (finca) – pick and process your own coffee cherries and learn about the different speciality coffee processes that take place here in Pluma Hidalgo.
- Traditional Oaxacan lunch
- Visit the finca’s cafe in Pluma where you will enjoy coffee and snacks
- Visit the new Lucy Foundation finca and get your hands dirty! Clear a spot and plant your own Pluma Coffee seedling, with your name on it!
Note: This tour takes four hours and requires a reasonable level of fitness. So bring your comfy walking shoes (but don’t worry we won’t be walking the whole time)!
We welcome people of all abilities so if you do have any extra needs or need help on the tour let our team know!
OPTION 2: SEED TO CUP – FARM TOUR
$500 pesos per adult / $250 per child
Approx time: 10am – 1pm
- Personal tour of a local organic boutique farm (finca) – see and hear about day-to-day tasks from picking to processing.
- Traditional Oaxacan lunch
- Visit the finca’s cafe in Pluma Hidalgo where you will enjoy local coffee and snacks
10% discount for students (with identification), people with disabilities and seniors (65+).
Children under 5 free.
$250 pesos per night including breakfast // $350 pesos for two people
If you would like to stay here in Pluma, we have a humble abode, we can offer one bedroom with a queen bed or two single beds, breakfast included. WiFi, hot water, back-up water supply and indoor and outdoor bathrooms available. You are most welcome!
Other options for accommodation in Pluma and surrounding areas if you would prefer. We are happy to put you in contact.
To book a tour, please contact us with your name, tour option, number of people doing the tour and your preferred date for the tour. Once you have booked your tour you will receive a confirmation email with useful information for your tour and payment information.
We look forward to sharing The Lucy Foundation journey with you soon!