Our goal is to revolutionise the way we do business by creating a culture of inclusivity in trade. To do this, we are helping create an entire supply chain of coffee that is inclusive for people with disabilities across the country of origin (Mexico) and country of consumption (New Zealand).
While our team in Mexico is working incredibly hard to bring us coffee that is good for human rights, the environment, the economy AND is inclusive of people with disabilities, our team in New Zealand is also busy looking at ways we can create inclusive and accessible employment and education opportunities for people with disabilities in New Zealand.
This includes working towards…
- Finding ways to support and promote training and employment opportunities for people with differing abilities within the New Zealand coffee and hospitality industries;
- Looking at cafe spaces around New Zealand, and how we can work together to ensure they are accessible to consumers of all abilities;
- Celebrating accessible and inclusive business practice within the New Zealand coffee and hospitality industries;
- Supporting and collaborating with inclusive and accessible businesses;
- Providing a platform for disabled people of New Zealand (and their allies!) to comment on their experiences within the coffee industry either as employees or consumers;
- Facilitating cultural exchanges between New Zealanders with disabilities and Zapotec people with disabilities in Pluma Hidalgo.
Keep on eye on this space over the next year as we expand and grow into the future!