Our goal is to revolutionise the way we do business by creating a culture of inclusivity in trade. To do this, we are helping create an entire supply chain of coffee that is inclusive of people with disabilities from the country of origin (Mexico) to the country of consumption (Aotearoa New Zealand).
While our team in Mexico is working incredibly hard to bring us coffee that is good for human rights, the environment, the economy AND is inclusive of people with disabilities, our team in Aotearoa New Zealand is also busy looking at ways we can create inclusive and accessible employment and education opportunities for people with disabilities.
This includes working towards…
- Finding ways to support and promote training and employment opportunities for people with different abilities within the coffee and hospitality industries of Aotearoa New Zealand;
- Looking at cafe spaces around Aotearoa New Zealand, and how we can work together to ensure they are accessible to consumers of all abilities;
- Celebrating accessible and inclusive business practice within the coffee and hospitality industries;
- Supporting and collaborating with inclusive and accessible businesses;
- Providing a platform for people with disabilities (and their allies!) to comment on their experiences within the coffee industry either as employees or consumers;
- Speaking at conferences and events (for more details go to Speakers New Zealand)
- Facilitating cultural exchanges between Kiwis with and without disabilities and Zapotec people in Pluma Hidalgo.
Keep an eye on this space over the next year as we expand and grow into the future!